OASIS: Creating opportunities for children that contribute to a good development in their lives.
Mission project OASIS
In 2010 we started the project called OASIS in Brazil, where we have a day care for underprivileged children. Many people live in slums, are unemployed or have little income. Their daily meal is already a problem, let alone clothing, toys, education etc.
If something touches our hearts and souls, it’s the children in this world that suffer and possess almost nothing. Many of them live on the streets and have no warm house, not even a room, bed, chair or table. Some have the ‘luxury’ of sleeping on a thin mattress or wicker mat, what we today would call a piece of curtain or cloth. Others lie on the dirty ground or cold floor. No cushion, no blanket, no socks, let alone shoes or sandals. There are many children that sleep in the open air, who do not know where their next meal should come from. They do not know what pajamas are, and in the morning they wash themselves at a pump or ditch. Their towels usually consist of rags. They do not know better, for they have never possessed anything.
- OASIS provides
- The OASIS project focuses on providing a nice, good and healthy living environment for children from socially vulnerable families in the age of 7 to 14 years old. OASIS offers activities that focus on developing the self-esteem and leadership of the children. We prepare them to participate in society as good citizens.
- OASIS does
- The activities are educational, recreational and sportive. Especially focused on the environment and experiences of each specific age. They contribute to the development of the self-esteem and the value of a person in general. Also they offer the opportunity to grow in making socially responsible decisions.
- OASIS gives
- It all fits in the healthy upbringing where the children of OASIS may learn to apply the mind and principles of Christ in all areas of life. We bring them closer to God and His Word, through which they may without a doubt expect His blessing upon their lives.
Creating opportunities for children in an environment that offer handles and principles that contribute to a good development in their lives.
- Principles OASIS project
- • Individuality:Recognition of the individual as unique and particular, with specific characteristics that make someone special and distinctive. Respect for each other and the differences that make us all unique and particular as creation of God.
• Stewardship: Exercising joint responsibility which leads to individual involvement and care for yourself and your environment.
• Sowing and reaping:Effect, consequences and/or rewards that arise from decisions you make and things you do.
• Self-government: Ability to control impulses that have negative results in life. Also developing the ability to do and achieve what is necessary in a disciplined way.
• Character:: Acquisition of fixed and consistent inner structures that result in an ethical, upright attitude according to the principles of God’s Word.
• Sovereignty: Understanding the concept of hierarchy.
• Unity: Learning to deal with others, collaborate and treat each other with respect and dignity. This leads to effective teamwork.
- Activities OASIS project
- • Music lessons
• English lessons
• Bible reading
• Manual skills
• Vocational training
• Development creativity
Donate your love gift today for the underprivileged children. Or even better, sign up and participate in the OASIS children’s project with a monthly contribution of 20 euros or more.
‘Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.’ – James 1:27