Creating opportunities for children that contribute to a good development of their lives.
Social Project ‘OASIS Charity Association’
In 2010 we started the OASIS CHARITY ASSOCIATION in Brazil, in short ‘OASIS’. The focus of OASIS is to help underprivileged children and give them a positive and successful future.
If something touches our hearts and souls, it is the children in this world that suffer, possess almost nothing and have no prospect of a healthy and happy future.
A great number of people live in slums. They are unemployed or have little income. Providing their daily meal is already a problem, let alone taking care of clothing, an education or toys for their children. There are many children that sleep in the open air. They do not know where their next meal will come from. Many of them live on the streets and have no warm house, not even a room, bed, chair or table. Some have the “luxury” of sleeping on a thin mattress or wicker mat, what we today would call a piece of cloth. Others lie on the dirty ground or cold floor. No cushion, no blanket, no socks, let alone shoes or sandals. They do not know what pajamas are, and in the morning they wash themselves at a pump or ditch. Their towels consist of rags. They do not know better, for they have never possessed anything.
Many children come from broken families and have no father as a positive example, to show them what is right and wrong, to love them or take them somewhere to have fun. They have no mother to give them a goodnight kiss, to love them or tell them a bedtime story.
- OASIS provides
OASIS focuses on providing a safe, good and healthy living environment for children from socially vulnerable families in the age of 7 to 14 years old. OASIS offers activities that focus on developing the self-esteem and leadership of the children. We prepare them to participate in society as positive, successful and good citizens.
- OASIS does
The activities are educational, recreational and sportive. Especially focused on the environment and experiences of each specific age. They contribute to the development of the self-esteem and the value of a person in general. Also they offer the opportunity to grow in making socially responsible decisions.
- OASIS gives
- It all fits in the healthy upbringing where the children of OASIS may learn to apply the mind and principles of Christ in all areas of life. We bring them closer to God and His Word, through which they may without a doubt expect His blessing upon their lives.
Creating opportunities for children in an environment that offer handles and principles that contribute to a good development in their lives.
- Principles taught at OASIS
- • Individuality: Recognition of the individual as unique and particular, with specific characteristics that make someone special and distinctive. Respect for each other and the differences that make us all unique and particular as creation of God.
• Stewardship: Exercising joint responsibility which leads to individual involvement and care for yourself and your environment.
• Sowing and reaping: Effect, consequences and/or rewards that arise from decisions you make and things you do.
• Self-government: Ability to control impulses that have negative results in life. Also developing the ability to do and achieve what is necessary in a disciplined way.
• Character: Acquisition of fixed and consistent inner structures that result in an ethical, upright attitude according to the principles of God’s Word.
• Sovereignty: Understanding the concept of hierarchy.
• Unity: Learning to deal with others, collaborate and treat each other with respect and dignity. This leads to effective teamwork.
- Activities at OASIS
• Music lessons
• English lessons
• Bible reading
• Manual skills
• Vocational training
• Development creativity
Donate your love gift today for the underprivileged children. Or even better, sign up and participate in the OASIS CHARITY ASSOCIATION – children’s project with a monthly contribution of 10,-/ 20,- euros or more.
“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” – James 1:27